Since 2004, the Project Organization Maasvlakte 2 has been responsible within the Port Authority for the construction of the port expansion.
The project organization works on a 'best practices' basis in risk- and project management and is Prince2 accredited. Level 2 was credited in 2007. Level 3 was achieved in March 2011. Only five organisations worldwide have been credited with this level.
René van der Plas
Director Maasvlakte 2 Project Organization
The project organization's tasks
- Preparation of the master plan for the land reclamation. In this is described how Maasvlakte 2 will look in broad terms in 2020, 2030 and 2040;
- Creation of the conditions in which the land reclamation can take place (environmental compensation, the environment, safety, spatial planning);
- Conducting the procedural preparations such as permits and EIA procedures.
- Organising the tendering process for Maasvlakte 2's construction and coordinating the implementation of the construction;
- Putting Maasvlakte 2 on to the market in collaboration with the Port Authority;
- Communication with the surroundings about the entire project.